Bugger that Old Bear too

"Bugger that Old Bear too," said the Sisterman, a thin man with sharp features and nervous eyes. "Mormont will be dead before daybreak, remember? Who cares what he likes!
Small Paul blinked his black little eyes. Maybe he had forgotten. Chett thought, he was stupid enough to forget most anything. "why do we have to kill the Old Bear? Why don´t we just go off and let him be?
"You think he´ll let us be?" said Lark. "he´ll hunt us down. You want to be hunted, you great muttonhead?"
"No," said Small Paul. "I don´t want that. I don´t."
"So you´ll kill him?" said Lark.
"Yes." The huge man stamped the butt of his spear on the frozen riverbank. "I will. He shouldn´t hunt us."
The sisterman took his hands  from his armpits and turned to Chett. "We need to kill all the officers, I say".
Chet was sick of hearing it. "We been over this. The Old Bear dies, and Blane from the Shadow Tower. Grubs and Aethan as well, their ill luck for drawing the watch , Dywen and Bannen  for their tracking, and Ser Piggy for the ravens. That´s all. We kill them quiet, while they sleep.One scream and we´re wormfood, every one uf us." His boils were red with rage. "just do your bit and see that your cousins do theirs. And Paul, try and remember, it´s third watch, not second."

0 comments: